jeudi 25 octobre 2012

Depoting Lipsticks + Life Update

Hey girls,

I know it's been for ever since I posted here but I've been busy lately with something that, hopefully, will change my life in a good way.
Back to early September, I took a course here in London and officially graduated as a professional makeup artist ! I've been saving money for a long time to be able to do it and I must say I enjoyed every second of it ! I've also been working on a couple of shows (London Fashion Week, Marylebone Fashion Village Event) and photoshoots, whilst still working full time in my everyday job. That's why I haven't had much time for blogging lately !

I'm back on my beloved blog today with a little tutorial on how to depot your lipsticks and create your own lip palette.

First off you will need:

- a table spoon (to melt yourproduct in)
- a knife (to remve the rest of the product from inside the tube)
- a candle (to liquify the product)
- tissues or paper towels (it can get a little messy!)
- lipsticks (make sense...)
- an empty lip palette

I bought my empty palettes in Muji on Oxford Street, they actually are pillcases. They're available on the online store aswell and come in 6 or 12 compartments. (click HERE for the direct link)

Now first I recommand using tissues to protect the surface you're working on. Scrape the product into the spoon (make sure you empty the tube properly, there's so much product left inside!) and place the spoon on top of the flamed candle (be careful not to burn your fingers!). Once all the product is melted, just carefully pour it in the container.



It takes a few minutes before the melted lipstick gets cold and hardens but once it's done here's what you get ... Your own lip palette !


Now the reason I've been doing this post is because I'm on the look for any way to simplify my makeup kit. I've been travelling around with my suitcase full of makeup and let me tell you that it can get quite heavy !

I've also found in Muji some very usefull empty stacks to keep my loose shadows all together (instead of having them in their own separate pots) which makes it alot easier to organise my kit (and it looks pretty too!). Link HERE


There you go ! I hope this has been helpfull for some of you, even if you don't own a makeup kit, it's still an easy and cheap way to store your makeup.
Sorry again for being MIA, more posts are due on the blog soon !
I hope all of you guys are doing ok, let me know what you've been up to !

xxx Vee

6 commentaires:

  1. This is a great idea Vee! I'll have to try it!

    And I am so glad you're back to blogging! I missed you! Congrats on 70 followers!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Great to see you back :D And congrats! I hope everything turns out well for you!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. this is a great idea :)

    Can't wait to see some of your makeup work!

    Talitha xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Hi Vee!
    I'm back to the blogging world! :D So sorry for being MIA in the blogging world, I hope you still remember me ;)

    I should try this out! Instead of buying a whole new palette, I should try making one myself! Thanks for the tutorial, Vee, it was really helpful and now I know how to depot lipsticks! Congratulations in graduating! You're a great make-up artist! ;D

    Love,
    Lizzy

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Welcome back to the blogging world doll. We miss you!!


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Aww wow, it must be lovely to have worked so hard at something and finally see it becoming a reality, and being a make up artist seems like an amazing career (definitely suited to you, too!) xx

    RépondreSupprimer

I <3 comments !